Friday, May 24, 2013

Christians Under Construction


: Outline for “Christians Under Construction”
Group Discussion:   
 ACCESSGRANTED
_________________________________________________
a Video was created for the Song 
DEAD & GONE - by T.I.
the First Frame of the video is a Bible Scripture
1 Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things.

the Song Denotes some sort of AWAKENING for the Artist 
in which He sees 
the “Powerful INFLUENCE” of  His Actions
 in a NEW LIGHT.
for this kind of AWAKENING
the Scripture chosen for the video is perfect.
_______________________________________
for Many of us, 
like the ARTIST - we KNOW right from WRONG.
but WHAT will it take for us to 
“WAKE UP” and begin to “RESPECT” Consequences ?

you see,
... you can CHOOSE the CHOICE but you CANT CHOOSE the Consequence •

it is NOT UNTIL 
“Consequences” begin to HELP YOU make Decisions
that you can Truly and Confidently Label yourself an Adult.

Thats simply means:
When you START Considering the BIGGER Picture PRIOR to making a Choice.

b e g i n . t o . C O N S I D E R . t h i s . w a y :
1 Corinthians 10:23 
You say, "I am allowed to do anything"--but not everything is good for you. You say, "I am allowed to do anything"--but not everything is beneficial.

1 Corinthians 10:23 
Someone may say, "I'm allowed to do anything," but not everything is helpful. I'm allowed to do anything, but not everything encourages growth.
>>>
if it’s NOT HELPING 
it’s HURTING
if it’s not GROWING
it’s DESTROYING


what will the RESULT BE
of the CHOICE you want to make ?
consequence
noun
a result or effect of an action or condition


in the SONG we see a MAN Considering the Consequences 
of his previous Actions.
It is a Wonderful thing that He is NOW taking into serious consideration
his CHOICES, 
but it would have been a EVEN MORE Wonderful thing
HAD HE CONSIDERED the POSSIBLE Consequences 
Prior to CHOOSING the ACTION
that Caused Him the Trouble He is now Singing about.
____________________________________

so WHAT About you ? :

1 Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. 

How much CHILD do you still have Left in you ?
_________________
This song discusses 
PRIDE getting in the way
PEOPLE Dying over NON-sense
How people don’t know what to do when their back is against the WALL
and it speaks HEAVILY about
now I get it, now I take
Time to think, before I make mistakes just for my family's sake


now I get it, now I take
Time to think, before I make mistakes just for my family's sake

do you THINK your CHOICES only AFFECT you ?
______________________________________________
I hear people say OFTEN
i know... i know... just PRAY for me.
WHAT EXACTLY should we pray for.
we Heard you say that “you know” .
 so what’s stopping you ?
should we pray for you to HAVE A DESIRE to Actually *DO what you KNOW you should.
should we pray for the STRENGTH or COURAGE to help you DO what you know.
should we pray that the CONSEQUENCES for everything you are thinking in the HEAT of that MOMENT areVividly revealed to you to Help you DO what you KNOW you should.
WHAT will it take for us to DO what we KNOW we should ?
maybe a LOOK into what we may BE MISSING out on .
...
_________________________________________
OF course
because of the WAR that WAGES within us, caused by our SINFUL nature,
doing the RIGHT thing is a lot EASIER said than DONE.
SO how do we BUILD our STRENGTH ?
...
FLOOD & STARVE
FLOOD ourselves with the WORD of GOD
STARVE our FLESH

this is Done through the 
PEOPLE we surround ourselves with
to the Music we listen to in our Cars or Headphones.
Proverbs 4:23
Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.

Luke 6:45
A good man from the good stored up in his heart brings out what is good; and an evil man from the evil stored up brings out what is evil; for from the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.

FLOOD ourselves with the WORD of GOD
STARVE our FLESH

this is Done through the 
FIRST Activity we engage in - in the Morning
to WHAT Thoughts we Decide to DWELL on.
_____________________________________
so what’s the BIG DEAL ?

Holding on to CHILDISH ways
is like Carrying around a WEIGHT.
it Holds you DOWN & Hold you Back.

Continuing to Consciously Speak, Think & Reason as a CHILD
KEEPS you from Experiencing and ENTERINg 
the Promise that God has for you.

it’s like trying to Get into a CLUB with a Strict Dress Code
but you are wearing your Pajamas.
... you won’t get pass the VELVET ROPE 
________________
the FIRST THING we must Understand is that
God is NOT A TEASE. GOD WANTS to BLESS you.
God wants you to WALK into that Promise
or else He wouldn’t have MADE it A Possibility 
or even given you the DREAM.

but “you”
MUST do *your PART .
or it will Never come to Pass.
the “if you” clause
conditional
adjective
subject to one or more conditions or requirements being met; made or granted on certain terms
_______________________

this MEANS that our HOPE DREAMS and Aspirations
can all be Delayed and Put on HOLD
because of our Behavior or should i say “mis-Behavior”.
Proverbs 13:12 Delayed hope makes the heart sick, but fulfilled desire is a tree of life.



so WHAT must we do ?

Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.

if not NOW
... WHEN ?...
i understand -
most of the TIME
WE KNOW what to do - but we lack the MOTIVATION to do it.
THIS IS WHEN “Self-Discipline” must KICK in.
Self-Discipline is an ADULT trait.
Self-Discipline is an ADULT trait.
Self-Discipline is an ADULT trait.

POSSESSING this is a SIGN of Maturity.
Self-Discipline is one of the Traits that will Help you 
GAIN ACCESS to those HOPES Dreams and Aspirations .
So , 
let us strip off every weight that slows us down .
GAIN ACCESS
and LIVE the LIFE that God Intended for you.
i’m NOT SAYING it will be EASY -
it will be Difficult 
but why make LIFE Harder than it has to be ?
don’t make the Possible 
IMPOSSIBLE 
because you won’t Discipline yourself
______________
this is the CONCLUSION:
everyday , with every CHOICE we make
WE CHOOSE the MOVE CLOSER 
to the Promise, the Blessing, the Breakthrough
or we choose to move FURTHER Away .
...
GAIN ACCESS by CHOOSING to put away Childish Ways.
___________________________________________
Now let’s see what they LOOK Like in our Example Demonstration 
__________________________________________________________

nonsense 
noun
spoken or written words that have no meaning or make no sense 
foolish or unacceptable behavior 

childish
adjective
• silly and immature 

immature
adjective
• (of a person or their behavior) having or showing emotional or intellectual development appropriate to someone younger 

speak 
verb 
say something in order to convey information, an opinion, 
• [ trans. ] communicate in or be able to communicate in

think 
verb ( past and past part. thought 
[with clause ] have a particular opinion, belief, or idea about someone or something :
[ intrans. ] direct one's mind toward someone or something


reason 
noun
a cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event 
• good or obvious cause to do something.
Logic a premise of an argument in support of a belief, 
the power of the mind to think, understand, and form judgments by a process of logic
• what is right, practical, or possible; common sense


Proverbs 13:3 
Those who guard their lips preserve their lives, but those who speak rashly will come to ruin.


Jeremiah 15:19
Because of this, the LORD said, "You must repent of such words and thoughts! If you do, I will restore you to the privilege of serving me. If you say what is worthwhile instead of what is worthless, I will again allow you to be my spokesman. They must become as you have been. You must not become like them.

Romans 12:2
Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Proverbs 4:23
Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.

Luke 6:45
A good man from the good stored up in his heart brings out what is good; and an evil man from the evil stored up brings out what is evil; for from the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.





"Dead And Gone"
(feat. Justin Timberlake)

[Spoken - T.I.]
Ay
Let me kick it to you right quick, man
Not on some gangsta s*** man, on some real s***
Anybody done been through the same thing, I'm sure you feel the same way
Big Phil
This for you pimpin'

[Chorus (Justin Timberlake (T.I.)):]
Oh (eyyy)
I've been travellin' on this road too long (too long)
Just tryna find my way back home (back home)
The old me is dead and gone, dead and gone
And oh (eyyy)
I've been travellin' on this road too long (too long)
Just tryna find my way back home (back home)
The old me is dead and gone, dead and gone, dead and gone

[Verse 1 - T.I.]
Ever had one of them days wish would've stayed home
Run into a group of n*##@$ who gettin' they hate on
You walk by
They get wrong
You reply then s*** get blown
Way outta proportion
Way past discussion
Just you against them, pick one then rush 'em
Figure you'll get jumped, hell that's nothing
They don't wanna stop there now they bussin'
Now you gushin', ambulance rushin'
You to the hospital with a bad concussion
Plus ya hit 4 times
Plus it hit ya spine
Paralyzed waist down now ya wheel chair bound
Nevermind that now you lucky to be alive
Just think it all started you fussin' with 3 guys
Now ya pride in the way, but ya pride is the way
You could f*** around, get shot, die anyday
N**** die everyday
All over non-sense, dope money, dice game, ordinary hood s***
Could this be 'cos of hip hop music?
Or did the ones with the good sense not use it?
Usually n***** don't know what to do when their back against the wall so they just start shootin'
For red or for blue or for blood I guess
From Bankhead or from your projects
No more stress, now I'm straight, now I get it, now I take
Time to think, before I make mistakes just for my family's sake
That part of me left yesterday
The heart of me is strong today
No regrets I'm blessed to say
The old me dead and gone away

[Chorus (Justin Timberlake (T.I.))]

[Verse 2 - T.I.]
I ain't never been scared, I lived through tragedy
Situation could've been dead lookin' back at it
Most of that s*** didn't even have to happen
But you don't think about it when you out there trappin'
In apartments, hangin', smokin', and rappin'
N**** start s****, next thing ya know we cappin'
Get locked up then didn't even get mad
Now think about d*** what a life I had
Most of that s***, look back, just laugh
Some s*** still look back get sad
Maybe my homboy still be around
Had I not hit the n**** in the mouth that time
I won that fight
I lost that war
I can still see my n**** walkin' out that door
Who'da thought I'd never see Philant no more?
Got enough dead homies I don't want no more
Cost a n***** his job
Cost me more
I'd took that a**-whooping now for sure
Now think before I risk my life
Take them chances to get my stripe
A n***** put his hands on me alright
Otherwise stand there talk s*** all night
'Cos I hit you, you sue me,
I shoot you, get locked up, who me?
No more stress, now I'm straight, now I get it, now I take
Time to think, before I make mistakes just for my family's sake
That part of me left yesterday
The heart of me is strong today
No regrets I'm blessed to say
The old me dead and gone away

[Chorus (Justin Timberlake (T.I.))]


________________________________________________




--
donnieBgood...

No comments:

Post a Comment